Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it currently under consideration by a different Journal (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- It is mandatory for all authors to complete this checklist and upload it with the manuscript. Download
For articles published open access, the authors license exclusive rights in their article to AUAC where a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 (CC BY-NC-ND) end user license is selected.
Under the CC BY-NC-ND license, authors
- Retain copyright;
- Retain patent and trademark right;
- Retain the rights to use their research data freely without any restriction;
- Receive proper attribution and credit for their published work;
- Re-use their own material in new works without permission or payment (with full acknowledgement of the original article):
1). Include an article in a subsequent compilation of their own work
2). Re-use portions, excerpts, and their own figures or tables in other works
- Use and share their works for scholarly purposes (with full acknowledgement of the original article):
1). In their own classroom teaching. Electronic and physical distribution of copies is permitted
2). If an author is speaking at a conference, they can present the article and distribute copies to the attendees
3). Distribute the article, including by email, to their students and to research colleagues who they know for their personal use
4). Include in a thesis or dissertation (provided this is not published commercially)
- Publicly share the accepted manuscript on non-commercial sites.
Under the CC BY-NC-ND license, users
- Can read, print, and download the article;
- Redistribute or republish the article (e.g. display in a repository);
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works.
But users are not permitted to sell or reuse for commercial purposes. Adaptation, translation, or derivative of the original work is not permitted.
Full attribution must accompany any reuse and include the following information about the original work:
2. Article Title
5. Volume (if applicable)
6. Issue (if applicable)
7. Page numbers (if applicable)
8. Date of publication
9. A link to the original article as published on www.auacpress.com